NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme
The Northern Territory Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme (NTRFGS) is funded by the Northern Territory Government’s $50-million RecFishing Futures Program and administered by the Fisheries Division of the Department of Primary Industry and Resources. Recognising the social and economic value of recreational fishing, the scheme will offer grant funding for community projects that grow and support recreational fishing in the Territory.
The NTRFGS will offer grant funding to eligible organisations for projects and activities that directly improve recreational fishing experiences and opportunities in the Northern Territory (NT). Applications for the 2019-2020 round closed on 31 July 2019.
It is expected that successful projects will be announced early in the 2019-2020 financial year.
Who is eligible to apply?
An organisation may apply to the NTRFGS funding if it is an Australian entity, legally constituted and has its main place of business registered and operating in the NT.
To be considered for funding you must:
- be an incorporated body, business or be sponsored by an organisation that is incorporated
- have no overdue reporting from any previous Northern Territory Government grants funding
- be able to complete the project by 30 June 2020.
Please note that projects on private land with no public access will not be considered.
Who cannot apply
All of the following are ineligible to apply to the NTRFGS for grants funding:
- entities operating outside of the NT (such as national/peak organisations)
- individuals (who have not partnered with an incorporated body)
- private for-profit groups
- NT Government agencies (including government schools)
- unincorporated bodies unless as a partner to a not-for-profit organisation (please refer to page 7 of the guidelines for details).
How to apply?
Applications for the 2019-2020 grant round are now closed.
Late applications will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Last updated: 12 August 2019