NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme
The Northern Territory Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme (NTRFGS) is funded by the Northern Territory Government’s $50-million RecFishing Futures Program and administered by the Fisheries Division of the Department of Primary Industry and Resources. Recognising the social and economic value of recreational fishing, the scheme will offer grant funding for community projects that grow and support recreational fishing in the Territory.
The NTRFGS will offer grant funding to eligible organisations for projects and activities that directly improve recreational fishing experiences and opportunities in the Northern Territory (NT). Applications for the 2019-2020 round closed on 31 July 2019.
It is expected that successful projects will be announced early in the 2019-2020 financial year.
An organisation may apply to the NTRFGS funding if it is an Australian entity, legally constituted and has its main place of business registered and operating in the NT.
To be considered for funding you must:
- be an incorporated body, business or be sponsored by an organisation that is incorporated
- have no overdue reporting from any previous Northern Territory Government grants funding
- be able to complete the project by 30 June 2020.
Please note that projects on private land with no public access will not be considered.
All of the following are ineligible to apply to the NTRFGS for grants funding:
- entities operating outside of the NT (such as national/peak organisations)
- individuals (who have not partnered with an incorporated body)
- private for-profit groups
- NT Government agencies (including government schools)
- unincorporated bodies unless as a partner to a not-for-profit organisation (please refer to page 7 of the guidelines for details).
Applications for the 2019-2020 grant round are now closed.
Late applications will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be assessed.
Successful projects funded in 2019-2020 include:
- Growing capacity and engaging NT recreational fishers in caring for fish habitat - AFANT
- Gone fishing day - AFANT
- Buddy boats day 2020 – Palmerston Game Fishing Club
- Junior angler education clinic – Palmerston Game Fishing Club
- Junior barra classic and junior clinic – Darwin Game Fishing Club
- 2019 kids fishing fun day – Katherine Game Fishing Club
Last updated: 16 December 2019
Share this page: