NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme
The Northern Territory Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme (NTRFGS) is funded by the Northern Territory Government’s $50-million RecFishing Futures Program and administered by the Fisheries Division of the Department of Primary Industry and Resources. Recognising the social and economic value of recreational fishing, the scheme will offer grant funding for community projects that grow and support recreational fishing in the Territory.
The NTRFGS will offer grant funding to eligible organisations for projects and activities that directly improve recreational fishing experiences and opportunities in the Northern Territory (NT). Applications for the 2018 -19 grant round closed on 29 July 2018.
It is expected that successful projects will be announced early in the 2018-19 financial year.
Who is eligible to apply?
An organisation may apply to the NTRFGS funding if it is an Australian entity, legally constituted and has its main place of business registered and operating in the NT.
To be considered for funding you must:
- be an incorporated body, business or be sponsored by an organisation that is incorporated
- have no overdue reporting from any previous Northern Territory Government grants funding
- be able to complete the project by 30 June 2019.
Please note that projects on private land with no public access will not be considered.
Who cannot apply
All of the following are ineligible to apply to the NTRFGS for grants funding:
- entities operating outside of the NT (such as national/peak organisations)
- individuals (who have not partnered with an incorporated body)
- private for-profit groups
- NT Government agencies (including government schools)
- unincorporated bodies unless as a partner to a not-for-profit organisation (please refer to page 7 of the guidelines for details).
How to apply?
Applications for the 2018 -19 grant round closed on Sunday, 29 July 2018. Late applications will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be assessed.
To discuss your project idea or for assistance with your NTRFGS application, contact Amateur Fisherman’s Association of the NT (AFANT) by phone: (08) 8945 6455 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 08 August 2018