The Spatial Territory Resource Information Kit for Exploration (STRIKE) is the department's web-mapping application for geoscientific data and minerals and energy tenure information in the NT for both industry and government users.
Go to the STRIKE website.
This guide provides information on how to use STRIKE, how to access WMS services and NT wide datasets.
Latest STRIKE updates
29 April 2019
- Upload tool added – upload Shapefile (SHP), Comma Separated (CSV) and Google Earth (KML) files to STRIKE.
Layers / Searching
- Added search fields to Petroleum Wells.
- Added search and advanced search to Products.
- Link to individual metadata records for National Native Title Tribunal layers.
19 December 2018
- Updated the layout of the A4 portrait print.
- Applied https to the Feedback link.
- Added a direct link to Downloads page.
- Updated the Copyright link.
Layers / Searching
- Added zoom extent to Native Title Tribunal Map layers.
- Removed records with Status of ‘Care and Maintenance’ and ‘Feasibility’ from Mineral Occurrence layer – see Mines layer.
- Updated percentage rounding for holders of Petroleum Titles.
- Updated unknown Mineral Title Type Codes.
- Updated heading for Natural Resources layers.
- Amended display of Water Management Areas to Water Control Districts.
- Link to Diamond Indicator Mineral metadata updated.
21 September 2018
- Fixed an issue with the Murphy Province and Lawn Hill Province not displaying correctly on the Geological Regions 2.5M layer.
- Added or improved searches for 13 layers.
- Added or improved Advanced Searches for 18 layers.
- Moved the Cadastre layer up one level in the grouping to make it easier to find.
21 July 2018
- Diamond layers added as separate download.
- Diamond samples now included in downloads.
- Other mineral titles – title type code dropdown list fixed.
- Titles register – search clue added to all titles layers.
- Cadastre layer – missing polygon issue fixed.
- NTGS projects – project name attribute field fixed.
- Geophysical strings – display of attribute fields modified.
- Metadata for industry reports added.
- Metadata for petroleum wells added.
- Metadata for historical mineral titles added.