The following WMS servers are available for public consumption:
- GIWS - http://geoscience.nt.gov.au/erdas-iws/ogc/wms/GIWS_NT?service=WMS&request=getcapabilities
Connecting to a WMS service from MapInfo Professional
- In an open window of MapInfo Professional, click File > Open Web Service > Open WMS
- In the window that opens, click on Servers
- In the WMS Servers List window, Click Add
- In the WMS Server Information window, enter the WMS Service link (above) into the Server URL field. You can also enter an optional description, as well as test the URL to ensure it is entered correctly. Click OK.
- The WMS should now appear in the WMS Servers List, select the WMS and click OK
- You should now see a list of available WMS Layers, select the layer/s, click Add>> to move it to the right-hand column, and click OK: This will load the WMS layer into the Map Window.
- The WMS will now appear in the WMS Servers List, in future, you should be able to start at step 5.
Connecting to a WMS service from ArcGIS
- In the Catalog window, expand the GIS Servers node and double-click Add WMS Server or Add WCS Server.
- The Add WMS Server or Add WCS Server dialog box appears. Type the server URL and other properties for your connection.
- The WMS or WCS server connection is added as an item in your GIS Servers tree view. You can expand and work with the services provided by this connection.
Last updated: 11 March 2020
Share this page: