Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) is held every year in Alice Springs and is the Territory’s premier exploration-focused event.
AGES is a technical exploration conference with a range of talks from the Northern Territory Geological Survey (NTGS), its research partners and the exploration industry. It presents a unique opportunity to access the latest fresh exploration ideas and geoscientific data from the Northern Territory (NT) and to network with colleagues who share an interest in the discovery and development of the Territory’s minerals and oil and gas resources.
AGES 2018 was held on 20-21 March at the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
Some of the key highlights at AGES 2018 included:
- technical updates on successful exploration programs and new discoveries from across the Territory for gold, base metals, battery commodities, oil and gas and more
- major releases of information and updates on major new Geoscience Australia-NTGS collaborative geoscience programs across the Barkly region under the Exploring for the Future initiative
- first release of hyperspectral analysis and interpretation of the Angularli uranium deposit in west Arnhem Land
- the latest information and data on basin architecture and zinc mineral systems in the Batten Fault Zone
- release of a new SEEBASE product for the greater McArthur Basin
- new data and concepts for polymetallic mineral systems in central Australia
- practical information to assist with issues such as land access, titles and accessing geoscience data
Mining Services Expo
AGES also incorporates the Mining Services Expo which showcases NT businesses and their capabilities to support your exploration and mining ventures. If you are interested in exhibiting or would like further information please contact Mike Steller, Department of Trade Business and Innovation on 08 8951 8502 or by email email@example.com.
Last updated: 27 March 2018