Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
The 18th Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) was held in Alice Springs on 28 - 29 March 2017, where a mix of NTGS and industry presentations showcased the rich minerals and petroleum potential of the Northern Territory (NT). The event was attended by 194 delegates, including representatives from 50 exploration companies, as well as government and Indigenous organisations.
AGES 2018 will be held on 20 – 21 March 2018.
Proceedings and program
The 2017 proceedings and individual abstracts are available for download from the GEMIS website
Some of the key highlights at AGES 2017 included:
- the latest in new geoscience and exploration concepts from NTGS and its partners under the Creating Opportunities for Resource Exploration (CORE) initiative
- technical updates on successful exploration programs and new discoveries from across the Territory for gold, zinc, lithium, oil and gas and more
- the latest on the emergence of a new pegmatite-hosted lithium field in the Bynoe area
- dedicated session on the greater McArthur Basin including the release of new geoscience datasets and mineral system and petroleum studies
- information on major new collaborative geoscience programs between NTGS and Geoscience Australia under the Exploring for the Future initiative
- practical information to assist you with issues such as land access, titles and accessing geoscience data
- the AGES dinner – the premier networking and social event for the Northern Territory (NT) exploration industry.
Mining Services Expo
AGES also incorporates the Mining Services Expo which showcases NT businesses and their capabilities to support your exploration and mining ventures. If you are interested in exhibiting or would like further information please contact Bridget Dooley, Department of Trade Business and Innovation on 08 8951 8527 or by email email@example.com.
View this years Mining Services Expo exhibitors .
Last updated: 12 October 2017