AGES 2020 will be held on 24-25 March 2020 at the Alice Springs Convention Centre, with pre-conference workshops on Monday 23 March 2020.
The Northern Territory Geological Survey’s (NTGS) Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) is held every year in Alice Springs and is the Territory’s premier exploration focused event.
AGES is a technical exploration conference with a range of talks from the NTGS, its research partners and the exploration industry. It presents a unique opportunity to access the latest fresh exploration ideas and geoscientific data from the Northern Territory (NT) and to network with colleagues who share an interest in the discovery and development of the Territory’s minerals and oil and gas resources.
Some of the key highlights at AGES 2019 included:
- technical updates on successful exploration programs and new discoveries from across the Territory for gold, base metals, battery commodities, oil and gas and more
- full day pre conference workshop and new data releases from major Geoscience Australia-NTGS-GSQ collaborative geoscience programs between Tennant Creek and Mount Isa under Exploring for the Future
- updates on the lifting of the moratorium on hydraulic fracturing and the potential for shale gas in the Beetaloo Sub-basin and elsewhere in the Territory
- new data and concepts for polymetallic mineral systems in central Australia
- the latest information and data on basin architecture and zinc mineral systems in the Batten Fault Zone
- new insights into regional stratigraphic correlations across the greater McArthur Basin
- information and data releases from the Territory Government’s new $26 million Resourcing the Territory geoscience initiative
- practical information to assist with issues such as land access, titles and accessing geoscience data
- the AGES dinner – the premier networking and social event for the NT exploration industry.
Mining Services Expo
AGES also incorporates the Mining Services Expo which showcases NT businesses and their capabilities to support exploration and mining ventures.
View the 2019 Mining Services Expo exhibitors (218.8 kb).
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the NT Geological Survey on (08) 8999 5313
Last updated: 02 August 2019