Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES)
Registrations open Monday 2 December 2019.
AGES 2020 will be held on 24-25 March 2020 at the Alice Springs Convention Centre, with pre-conference workshops on Monday 23 March 2020.
The Northern Territory Geological Survey’s (NTGS) Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) is held every year in Alice Springs and is the Territory’s premier exploration focused event.
AGES is a technical exploration conference with a range of talks from the NTGS, its research partners and the exploration industry. It presents a unique opportunity to access the latest fresh exploration ideas and geoscientific data from the Northern Territory (NT) and to network with colleagues who share an interest in the discovery and development of the Territory’s minerals and oil and gas resources.
2019 Proceedings and individual abstracts are available to download via GEMIS.
Some of the key highlights at AGES 2020 will include:
- technical updates on successful exploration programs and new discoveries from across the Territory for gold, base metals, oil and gas and more
- new data releases and exploration concepts from major Geoscience Australia-NTGS collaborative geoscience programs between Tennant Creek and Mount Isa under Exploring for the Future
- updates on the recommencement of shale gas exploration in the Beetaloo Sub-basin
- industry presentations on the new boom in gold exploration across the Territory
- information and data releases from the Territory Government’s new $26 million Resourcing the Territory geoscience initiative
- practical information to assist with issues such as land access, titles and accessing geoscience data
- the AGES dinner – the premier networking and social event for the NT exploration industry.
AGES also incorporates the Mining Services Expo which showcases NT businesses and their capabilities to support exploration and mining ventures. If you are interested in exhibiting or would like further information please contact Jodie Mason, Department of Trade, Business and Innovation on 08 8951 8553 or by email Jodie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 20 September 2019