Recreational Fishing Grants open
Applications will open on Wednesday 15 May for the $1 million NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme.
The grants are in the second year of the two year program and are designed to create new recreational fishing opportunities across the Territory.
Grants of up to $100,000 are available for Territory-based, not-for-profit organisations to implement projects that will help grow and support recreational fishing in the NT.
The scheme is part of the Government’s $50 million investment in recreational fishing.
Potential projects that could be eligible for funding include:
- infrastructure such as fishing camps, shelters and amenities that will encourage greater access to new recreational fishing opportunities
- fishing platforms, shelters, seats and structures at land-based fishing locations and boat ramps
- fish cleaning and wash-down facilities
- best-practice recreational fishing education programs
- fish habitat restoration
- capacity building programs such as fish tagging and research
- fishing family days, clinics, and events.
In 2018 the Amateur Fishermen’s Association of the Northern Territory successfully applied for three grants, along with the Darwin Game Fishing Club, Nhulunbuy Regional Sports Fishing Club, Palmerston Game Fishing Club and Rapid Creek Landcare Group Inc.
Applications for the 2019 scheme close on 31 July.
Grants will open on Wednesday 15 May and can be found here https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/