Tennant Creek and district show society cattle section

Entries close5:00pm Friday 6 July 2018
Entry fees $10.00/pen
(Payable to the Tennant Creek & District Show Society – Cattle Section)
Judge TBD
Chief Steward Jane Douglas
Contact (08) 8962 4483 or jane.douglas@nt.gov.au

Day 1 - Friday 14 July 2018

B1Pen of 2 bulls
2015 Season
B2Single Local Bull
Older than 2015 Season
B3Pen of 2 Heifers 180-250kg
B4Pen of 2 Heifers 250-350kg
Not yet calved
B5Pen of 2 Heifers 350-450kg
Not yet calved
B6 Pen of 2 Steers 180 – 250kg
B7Pen of 2 Steers 250-350kg
B8Pen of 2 Mickeys 180-250kg
B9Led Calf
Presentation of both handler and calf
Handler must be 12 years old or under

Delivery of cattle

  • All cattle to be at the Tennant Creek Show Yards by no later than 11am on the Show Day (Friday 13 July 2018).
  • No cattle to leave the yards until after 4pm on the Show Day.

Testing and movement requirements

  • Cattle from tick infested properties must be treated and clean before arrival at the showgrounds.
  • All exhibitors must comply with the Standard Movement Requirements.
  • For more information, please contact Livestock Biosecurity Officer Tom Haines on (08) 8962 4458 or 0401 113 445.


  • Any class may be entered by the same station more than once.
  • Class 1 and 9 will not contribute to Aggregate Points Award.
  • Due to the diversity of market specifications, all classes must be judged according to the quality of the exhibit and not its suitability for any specific market.
  • The Judge’s decision is final.
Adjacent to the Cattle Yards
Commercial Cattle Classes
Sporties Club
Cattle Section prizegiving
For more details contact

2018 Cattle section nomination form

Download the nomination form PDF (74.4 KB)

Submit completed form by email - Jane.douglas@nt.gov.au or fax - (08) 89624480

Last updated: 30 April 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.