Digging Deeper - Intensive Soil Extension Program
Territory Natural Resource Management will be running the Digging Deeper program in 2019. This program aims to help farmers understand the processes going on in their soil and give them a helping hand to implement changes that will address their soil’s “issues”. It is a hands on approach to investigating what is below the surface and how that relates to productivity of what happens above the soil surface.
This Expression of Interest (EOI) is for farmers from any industry in the Darwin and surrounds and Katherine regions who wish to participate in this project in 2019. The project is limited to 12 farm business split in two groups, who will take part in the following three project components:
- Soil pit day
- Three soil health sessions for each region and held on property (each property hosts half a day)
- Soil health interpretation and wrap up day
As a participating business you can anticipate:
- Getting to know the other local farm business who are interested in improving their soil health
- Processional advice, education and mentoring for your issues
- A comprehensive soil test including commentated collection and interpretation. You will understand soil (one of your greatest assets) like never before!
- Gaining knowledge so you can make your soil fertility decisions.
Expressions of interest close 18 April 2019
To request an expressions of interest form or for more information please contact the Territory NM office on (08) 8942 8300 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 20 September 2019