Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Breeding Edge Workshop
Breeding Edge is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans.
Participants will be able to develop a breeding herd management plan using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- evaluate and improve your existing breeding herd management program for reproduction and genetic improvement
- understand the importance of measures of reproductive performance
- identify strategies and management to improve breeding herd performance
- develop a management plan that incorporates practical, achievable strategies and a management program to meet your desired objective(s)
- develop systems for evaluating the success of your strategies.
What you will learn
- reproduction and current herd performance
- female reproduction
- managing the breeders - systems
- bull fertility and management
- reproductive diseases and diseases that impact reproduction
- breeder herd management plan
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- traits of economic importance for your herd
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria
- breeds and breeding systems.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill - Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Tim Emery - Tropical Beef Technology Services
- Whitney Dollemore – Department of Primary Industry and Resources
- Vet (TBA)
- $1,750 + GST / One person from a business
- $1,450 + GST / Two or more people from a business
Cost includes comprehensive set of workshop notes, workbook and lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day.
Places are limited, to register contact:
0428 113 732
Last updated: 01 March 2018