Annual report 2019-20
This annual report highlights the Department of Primary Industry and Resources’ performance in the 2019‑20 financial year. It also provides a record of achievement against the Northern Territory Government’s 2019-20 Agency Budget Statements (Budget Paper No. 3) and the department’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022.
This annual report has been prepared to meet reporting requirements under the Public Sector Employment and Management Act 1993, Financial Management Act 1995 and Information Act 2002.
It provides the minister, Northern Territory Legislative Assembly, industry stakeholders, employees and other interested parties with a record of the department’s functions, significant activities undertaken and performance for 2019-20.
The report contains the Chief Executive’s overview and comprises the following sections:
- Our department: an overview of the department’s functions and objectives, strategic priorities, structure and strategic plan.
- Performance and achievements: a summary of operations, achievements, initiatives and progress during 2019-20 against the outcomes and key performance indicators outlined in 2019-20 Budget Paper No. 3 and the department’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022.
- Our people: an overview of the department’s staff and organisation, and measures in place to ensure staff are productive while feeling valued, respected, supported and safe, including work health and safety measures, professional development and measures taken to uphold public sector principles.
- Corporate governance: a summary of the department’s corporate governance framework, information management processes and legislation administered.
- Financial statements: the department’s financial management and performance.
- Appendices: the department’s key contacts, grant funding and sponsorship programs, regional and industry newsletters, and abbreviations used in this report.
Read the DPIR Annual Report 2019-20
Last updated: 21 October 2020
Share this page: